Ordinary student visa is issued to citizens of Georgia and other countries as well as persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation with a purpose of studying in an educational institution based on an invitation issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation (Russian MIA), or based on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (Russian MFA) decision.
Student visa can be single- or double-entry, valid for up to 90 days.
The subsequent visa prolongation is carried out by the Russian MIA agency according to a place of stay and migration registration by the issuance of a multiple-entry visa for an enrolment contract validity period settled according to the Russian Federation educational legislation but no more than for a year for each subsequent visa.
Please note! If you are not a Georgian citizen please check the requirements for the visa application supporting documents, visa fee rates and processing time on the website of the Russian consular office in the country of your citizenship.
To apply for a student visa you must submit the following: :
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation; OR The Russian Federation Ministry of the Foreign Affairs decision to issue a visa;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 18 months from the visa expiry date;
- Copy of the personal particulars/photo (bio-data) page of the passport. This is the page of the passport which shows the name and date of birth, passport number, issue and expiry date, and photograph of the holder.
Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant. Citizens of Georgia, Australia and CIC must complete electronic visa application in Russian. The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- Colour photography 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background and with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a head-wear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a head-wear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center you may ask for the additional service "Express Photo";
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa. Not required for Georgian citizens.
- A certificate of a negative HIV test;
- For students from the second year of study - student card;
- Additionally for citizens under 18: copy of birth certificate + consent of the parent / parents to the departure of the child from the country (notarized and translated into Russian).
Important! In case of possessing two or more passports, before submitting the documents to a Russian Visa Center, please, make sure there are no valid visas in other documents.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
Rates and Terms
|Processing time||Consular fee (for Georgian citizens)||Service fee (incl. VAT)|
||Single/Double Entry Visa|
|4-20 business days||80/128 USD||30 USD|
|3 business days||160/256 USD||30 USD +35 GEL|
- All fees are paid at the Visa application center in Georgian lari at the exchange rates set by the Interests Section of Russia on the day of payment.
- The visa center accepts payment only by Bank cards. To pay in cash, you will need to use the payment kiosk installed in the Visa Center with additional fee of the Bank-operator of the kiosk.
- Towards citizens of the state with which the Russian Federation has an international agreement on the amount of visa fees the relevant fees are applied.
- As a rule, the Interests Section of Russia takes a decision on a visa application within 20 working days from the date of receipt of documents. In some cases, the decision-making period may be extended up to 30 working days. In urgent cases, the decision-making period may be reduced to 3 working days or less.
Completing the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled out in electronic form on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request, we can fill out the application form for you at the visa center. This is a paid additional service worth 10 GEL for each page of the application form. For Georgian citizens the application form usually consists of three pages.
A separate application form must be completed for each applicant.
If you are going to fill out the application form by yourself, we recommend you the following:
- Read carefully and follow the instructions and tool-tips on the website.
- Citizens of Georgia, Australia and CIC must complete electronic visa application form in Russian (except for the name ad surname, which must be indicated in Latin letters according to the passport).
- When registering a new application form, create a password consisting only of Latin letters and numbers.
- Write down the password and number of your application from, which will be assigned to it automatically. Take your number and password with you to the visa center. The number and password will be useful if you need to print the form or make corrections, so as not to fill out the entire form again.
- Name and surname spelling must strictly correspond to the data of your passport.
- Specify the purpose of your travel, duration of the visa and number of entries, the data of the host person or organization (name, date of birth, address) must correspond to the invitation.
- You can request a smaller number of entries (for example, instead of multiple or double-entry request a single-entry visa). Please inform our officer about it when submitting documents, and our officer will give you a special application form for reduction the number of entries.
- Enter information about your previous trips to Russia and other foreign countries according to exit-entry stamps in your passport.
- At the final step of completing the application form choose the place of submission of the application — Visa Application Center Interlink Services (Tbilisi).
- After filling out the application form on the website, print it out in one copy and take it to the visa center.
- If you do not have a printer, we can print out your application form at the price of 1 GEL per sheet.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
- To fill in an application form;
- To copy or print documents;
- To make express photos;
- To process documents sent by mail;
- To deliver documents on the same day;
- To deliver fully prepared documents by courier;
- SMS informing;
- Premium Lounge.
- Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
- The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
- All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
- Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.