Private visa for close relatives
The following relatives are considered as "close relatives":
- parents or adoptive parents;
- children or adopeted children;
- spouses of children;
- full-blood and half-blood brothers and sisters;
Close relatives of Russian citizens can apply for a Private visa to Russia on the basis of a written application signed by a Russian citizen.
The visa can be single or double entry, issued for a period up to three months, or multiple entry, issued for a period of one year.
If foreign close relatives of a Russian citizen also have Russian citizenship, they must enter Russia with their Russian passports. It is prohibited for Russian citizens to apply for Russian visas with their foreign passports.
According to the Russian legislation, the following categories are not considered as close relatives of Russian citizens:
- partners who are not officially married;
- children of a spouse from the previous marriage who are not family members of the Russian citizen.
In order to apply for a private visa for close relatives of Russian citizen, the following documents should be presented:
Application for entry into the Russian Federation, containing the information required for a visa (surname, name, patronymic, date of birth, citizenship, gender, passport number, registration address and address of the actual place of residence of a Russian citizen (in case of residence in the territory of the Russian Federation) , as well as surname, first name, other names, date of birth, citizenship, gender, passport number, number of entries (single/double entry visa), purpose of travel, requested period of entry, intended place of residence of the visa applicant and cities visit), signed by the Russian citizen personally at the Russian Federation Interests Section or at the Visa application center, or certified by a notary on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Recommended application form
- A valid international passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation and its copy (pages with a photo and personal data) for Russian citizens signing an application in Georgia, или a copy of an "internal" passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation for Russian citizens, who certify the application by a notary in Russia.
Documents confirming relationship with a foreign citizen:
for spouses: marriage certificate;
- for children, parents, brothers and sisters, grandparents, grandchildren: birth certificate or birth certificates;
for the spouses of children: a birth certificate and a marriage certificate.
When submitting applications at the Visa Application Center, Russian citizens should present the original passport and original documents confirming the relationship with a foreign citizen. Photocopies of these documents are attached to the visa application, the original documents are returned to the Russian citizen.
If a Russian citizen provides an application that was certified by a notary in Russia, the visa applicant should present at the Visa Application Center the notarized copies of documents confirming the relationship of a Russian citizen with a foreign citizen, as well as a notarized copy of the passport of the Russian citizen. These copies should also be notarized in Russia. Photocopies of these notarized copies are attached to the visa application, the notarized copies are returned to the applicant.
If the documents confirming the relationship are not issued in Russia, notarized translation of these documents into Russian language should be provided.
- A valid international passport of a foreign citizen, with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date.
- Copy of the personal particulars/photo (bio-data) page of the passport. This is the page of the passport which shows the name and date of birth, passport number, issue and expiry date, and photograph of the holder.
- Visa application form filled out on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed by the applicant personally.
- Color photograph on a light background with a clear frontal view of the face without tinted glasses or a head-wear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a head-wear on their passport photograph). At the Russian Visa Application Center in Tbilisi you may ask for an additional service Express photo;
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and covering the validity period of the visa. Not required for Georgian citizens.
- Siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and spouses of children should also present a certificate of a negative HIV test in case if they apply for a multiple entry visa valid for more than 3 months.
Important! If you have two or more valid international passports, before submitting documents to the Russian Visa Center please make sure that there is no valid visa in other documents.
Please note!The consular office reserves the right to request additional documents for a visa application, invite for an interview or extend the visa processing time.
Rates and Terms
(for Georgian citizens)
|Single/Double Entry Visa|
|4-20 business days||80/128 USD||30 USD|
|3 business days||160/256 USD||30 USD +35 GEL|
- All fees are paid at the Visa application center in Georgian lari at the exchange rates set by the Interests Section of Russia on the day of payment.
- Towards citizens of the state with which the Russian Federation has an international agreement on the amount of visa fees the relevant fees are applied.
- As a rule, the Interests Section of Russia takes a decision on a visa application within 20 working days from the date of receipt of documents. In some cases, the decision-making period may be extended up to 30 working days. In urgent cases, the decision-making period may be reduced to 3 working days or less.
Completing the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled out in electronic form on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request, we can fill out the application form for you at the visa center. This is a paid additional service worth 10 GEL for each page of the application form. For Georgian citizens the application form usually consists of three pages.
A separate application form must be completed for each applicant.
If you are going to fill out the application form by yourself, we recommend you the following:
- Read carefully and follow the instructions and tool-tips on the website.
- Citizens of Georgia, Australia and CIC must complete electronic visa application form in Russian (except for the name ad surname, which must be indicated in Latin letters according to the passport).
- When registering a new application form, create a password consisting only of Latin letters and numbers.
- Write down the password and number of your application from, which will be assigned to it automatically. Take your number and password with you to the visa center. The number and password will be useful if you need to print the form or make corrections, so as not to fill out the entire form again.
- Name and surname spelling must strictly correspond to the data of your passport.
- Specify the purpose of your travel, duration of the visa and number of entries, the data of the host person or organization (name, date of birth, address) must correspond to the invitation.
- You can request a smaller number of entries (for example, instead of multiple or double-entry request a single-entry visa). Please inform our officer about it when submitting documents, and our officer will give you a special application form for reduction the number of entries.
- Enter information about your previous trips to Russia and other foreign countries according to exit-entry stamps in your passport.
- At the final step of completing the application form choose the place of submission of the application — Visa Application Center Interlink Services (Tbilisi).
- After filling out the application form on the website, print it out in one copy and take it to the visa center.
- If you do not have a printer, we can print out your application form at the price of 1 GEL per sheet.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
- To fill in an application form ;
- To copy or print documents ;
- To make express photos ;
- To process documents sent by mail ;
- To deliver documents on the same day;
- To deliver fully prepared documents by courier ;
- SMS informing ;
- Premium Lounge .
- Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
- The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
- All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
- Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.